Headquartered in Singapore, BandLab Technologies is a collective of global music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. We bring together remarkable people that are passionate about music, and we seek to leverage the opportunities that allow us to achieve more together than we can individually.
We work towards a future with no boundaries to making and sharing music. With something as simple as a mobile phone, people have gone from strumming guitars in their bedroom, spitting rhymes in the car, or singing in the shower — to creating amazing studio-quality tracks with people from all over the world.
Apple has recognized the values BandLab brings to the world and featured us multiple times in the music category. You can find BandLab in the US & UK App Store's (biggest music markets) top 20 music applications anytime. We compete with world-class music products and often take a stand in the top 10 or 15 music applications.
Recently BandLab has raised US$65 million in Series B funding, bringing the valuation of the music-creation platform up to US$315 million. And we are excited to grow even more!
About the role
The BandLab tech team is very diverse, and we have people from different cultures, countries, and time zones. We already have many processes built, and they work great, so you will come to a mature environment with professionals.
The iOS platform team contains three groups, each of which has its own lead. The current structure allows us to do at least one more scaling without facing significant issues.
We’re looking for an engineering manager who will help us keep our culture and product quality at a great level as we continue scaling as a team. You will have the iOS leads reporting directly to you, and you will report directly to the AVP. You will work closely with the iOS leads, middle management and top management.
What you'll do:
• Identify team goals and monitor progress.
• Set and maintain KPIs.
• Manage resources and scale the team.
• Do regular performance reviews.
• Discover training needs and provide coaching.
• Collect team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
• Organise any needed processes within the iOS team.
• At least 3 years of experience in leading software engineering teams.
• At least 6 years of experience in building projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit, and the iOS SDK.
• Experience in recruiting engineering talent and building out high-performing teams.
• Deep understanding of object oriented design, software design patterns, memory management, and performance optimization.
• Fluency in English
• Enjoys working with people.
• Enjoys dealing with complex business, technological, and people-related issues.
• Enjoys coaching/helping people to make extraordinary contributions and are willing to make an effort and time to do it.
• Focuses on “What is the right thing to do?”.
• Is willing to keep asking “Why” to build an objective understanding of the situation and not just go with what you hear.
• Is willing to make decisions with insufficient data.
• Is willing to put the collective good of the team and organization ahead of yourself.
- Relocation sponsorship to sunny and cosmopolitan Singapore
- Healthcare, dental insurance
- Attractive paid annual leave, sick leave, childcare leave, volunteer leave and maternity leave
- BandLab Technologies staff discount
- Quarterly bonus and continuous learning budget
Diversity and Inclusion
BandLab Technologies commits to fostering diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other status protected by law, we offer applicants the equal opportunity to join, belong and flourish in our organisation.
We thank all applicants for their interest! Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.