Headquartered in Singapore, BandLab Technologies is a collective of global music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. We bring together remarkable people that are passionate about music, and we seek to leverage the opportunities that allow us to achieve more together than we can individually.
We work towards a future with no boundaries to making and sharing music. With something as simple as a mobile phone, people have gone from strumming guitars in their bedroom, spitting rhymes in the car, or singing in the shower — to creating amazing studio-quality tracks with people from all over the world.
Apple has recognized the values BandLab brings to the world and featured us multiple times in the music category. You can find BandLab in the US & UK App Store's (biggest music markets) top 20 music applications anytime. We compete with world-class music products and often take a stand in the top 10 or 15 music applications.
Recently BandLab has raised US$65 million in Series B funding, bringing the valuation of the music-creation platform up to US$315 million. And we are excited to grow even more!
About the role
BandLab provides a wide variety of strong social features used by millions of creators every day across the world. We’re talking about such tools as music player, chat, post creation, live streaming and many others. The team constantly works on improving all the existing features as well as implementing new features and running A/B experiments.
- Create new social features.
- Write unit/integration tests.
- Improve UX and optimize the performance of existing features.
- Work in a cross-functional team, and provide your input during both: technical and non-technical discussions.
Ideal candidates are well-versed in development best practices, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables.
Here at BandLab we work hard, and challenge ourselves to produce high-quality work. We openly share feedback and specialize in hitting deadlines, whilst never being afraid to ask questions.
• Five years of professional software engineering experience preferred.
• You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles.
• You’ve built projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit, and the iOS SDK.
• You have a deep understanding of object-oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization.
• You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
• You’re comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
- Remote working options or relocation sponsorship to sunny and cosmopolitan Singapore
- Healthcare, dental insurance
- Attractive paid annual leave, sick leave, childcare leave, volunteer leave and maternity leave
- BandLab Technologies staff discount
- Quarterly bonus and continuous learning budget
Diversity and Inclusion
BandLab Technologies commits to fostering diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other status protected by law, we offer applicants the equal opportunity to join, belong and flourish in our organisation.