Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 80+ people on 2 continents and in 7 time zones.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- The system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application. Therefore, backend teams are not engaged in layout, but only API development.
- For backend development, we use Ruby and Golang
- Some components and modules are written in Python (Data Science/ML). But mostly Python is used by the QA department for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud deployed with Kubernetes/Helm and Terraform
- Main frameworks used: Ruby On Rails (API only)/Sinatra; gin for Golang
- Main databases used: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool and Redis
About this opportunity:
We are looking for experienced engineers to automate the testing of key components of the Wallarm web application security system. This is not testing a simple backend API, and not testing a mobile application. You need to be able to automate the testing of a technologically complex product, which is used by the largest technology companies in the world. We are looking for engineers who can help us develop integration testing systems (based on PyTest) for all our components: UI, backend, and traffic filtering node.
In this role you will:
- Development test plans and user scenarios
- Develop and refactor python autotests
- Acceptance testing for product features
In this role you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in software quality testing
- Functional testing experience
- Understanding of network technologies and protocols TCP, TLS, HTTP, WebSocket
- Experience with Nginx or other web servers
- Experience with one of the languages: Go/Python/TypeScript
- Experience with GNU/Linux, Docker, Git, Kubernetes
- Experience in creating and maintaining test documentation
- Good written and spoken English
Will be a plus:
- Understanding Web Application Security Issues
- Understanding the challenges of building distributed systems
- Load testing experience
- Experience with virtualization systems
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 15 paid days off in addition to the vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Allocated budget for each employee for compensation:
- Education (trainings, conferences, books, etc.)
- Sport (Fitness, sports sections, equipment, etc.)
- Paid medicine (including psychologists)
- Vacation (tickets, hotels, tours, etc.)
- Leisure (tickets to the theatre or cinema)
- Workplace equipment