Our client is American fintech unicorn Upgrade. The company has delivered over $7 billion in affordable credit to consumers through cards and loans since inception in 2017, and is on track to deliver $7 billion in 2021 alone.
Upgrade is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with an operations center in Phoenix, Arizona and a technology center in Montreal, Canada. Loans and credit lines are issued, and banking services are provided, by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender and Blue Ridge Bank, a nationally-chartered commercial bank, Member FDIC.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
Upgrade has been included in the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
About Quality Assurance Team:
The QA team has end-to-end ownership to build a quality product. Through automation and functional testing, they validate a variety of products to offer our customers a seamless banking experience. As a QA Engineer, you will work directly with product teams and will participate in application specification reviews and architectural design sessions by providing input from a quality standpoint. You will also identify testing strategies for various features and functionalities. Within your first year, you will develop an understanding of how to deliver high performing software at pace of development. You will work in an environment that promotes ownership at all levels including configuring and monitoring apps in production.
Core Technologies Include: Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Git, Jenkins, ArgoCD, SQL, REST Assured, SumoLogic, Docker, Kubernetes, Gatling, Linux
What You'll Do:
- Execute functional/performance tests by spinning up disposable environments on demand to deploy microservices with different versions and configurations, and customize database content.
- Develop test automation at the pace of feature development utilizing our functional and performance test frameworks.
- Customize, configure, patch services, and deploy infrastructure and code changes all the way through to production.
- Analyze log files and troubleshoot production issues by automating and reproducing them in a non-production environment.
- Plan, create, and implement strategies/solutions for feature validations and test automation.
What We Look For:
- Ability to develop test automation in Java using Selenium to utilize Integrated Development environments (IDE) such as IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Experience in deploying services in various environments such as Kubernetes, using deployment tools like ArgoCD and Jenkins.
- Capability to improve efficiency of existing test infrastructure using Docker, Selenium and headless browser executions.
- Familiarity with log aggregators such as SumoLogic, Kibana, or Splunk, and app monitoring tools such as Honeycomb, or Grafana.
- Passion for automating tests and delivering high quality features in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working in Agile methodology.
What We Offer You:
- Salary in US dollars, negotiatiating individually
- No fixed working days or hours (every morning 9 am-12pm California there are meetings with the IT team and leadership only)
- Possibility of relocation to USA or Canada
- Development in a highly professional international team