Work expectations / environment:
- Fully remote, from anywhere in the world.
- 30-40 hours/week. We’d like your workday to overlap with New York hours for at least 4 hours on most days. There will be standups and meetings to attend.
About the Position
We are looking to add a Ruby on Rails Engineer to our team to help build and improve the direct-to-fan mobile app. It is the fan-facing portal into vast, unique cache of sports statistics, insights, and editorial content. Used by sports fans both new and old, the app provides a one-of-a-kind toolkit for fantasy and sports betting, presented in a fun and visual way.
As a member of the app team, you will be responsible for working on all aspects of the app’s back-end development, including the API’s, Data Ingestion, and admin tooling.
- 3+ years of professional experience building software, including 1-2 years with Ruby on Rails
- Experience deploying services on Azure
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Postgres, we use both.
- Familiarity with Basketball, Football and/or Baseball rules and statistics.