Who are we?
App in the Air is your personal travel assistant. Founded by entrepreneur Bayram Annakov and his team in 2012, App in the Air is a technology company designed for frequent flyers -- inspired by George Clooney’s character in “Up in the Air,” a frequent flyer who knew all the airline/airport tips and tricks to survive while living out of his suitcase.
The app manages the entire trip life cycle: from search & book, pre-trip details, day of travel notifications and post trip management -- all in one place. The app is available on the Apple App store, Google Play store and Samsung Galaxy store.
Our audience has grown from a small network of dedicated fliers to over six million downloads with 20 million itineraries tracked per year. App in the Air has earned esteemed accolades including one of Apple’s Best Apps of 2015, the leading travel app in the Samsung Galaxy Store and favorite Apple Watch app of 2018.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced and proactive product designer who can help to develop App in the Air product. You’ll be working on both web and mobile platforms. You also will have an opportunity to develop a design system with other designers.
You’ll also work with multi-disciplinary teams made up of engineers, product managers, analytics, and more.
3+ years experience as a product designer building and shipping applications or software — prior experience working in travel industry is a big plus
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for web and native apps
- You bring a mastery of Material Design and Apple HIG
- Experience working with guides and design systems
- High bar for all aspects of product design: user research, prototyping, interaction design, visual design
- Diverse graphic capabilities is a plus (basic illustration & motion skills)
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Proficiency and willing to work across the product development, generate ideas that will cause maximum impact
- Proactive participation in product life, adequate perception of criticism, ability to justify your point of view
- Besides visual design, research and analytical skills, you are able to work in a start-up atmosphere and an agile environment
- Gather insights from data and qualitative research, develop hypotheses, and test ideas
- Ability to elaborate on your design decision
- Great with Figma and Principle skills
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
- You have a strong design portfolio that you can share with us
Tools you use
- Great with Figma and Principle
- Keynote and Figma for presentations
- Experience working with Jira
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
What you will get
- Cool product: we help and unite frequent flyers all over the world
- Freedom to create and experiment: we are not afraid to test something new! We support new ideas and respect the learning process
- Awesome team: we help each other to grow, we arrange workshops and webinars, we teach and study - between the Seattle, Vienna and Moscow offices
- Expertise: you will become an expert in the aviation area and you’ll keep that knowledge with you forever
And for sure...
- Full-time and flexible schedule
- Cozy office at Novoslobodskaya metro (and two more in Seattle and Vienna)
- Free lunches
- Free Skyeng English lessons
- Transparent self-development plan and career growth opportunity
- Cash back for trips booked in App in the Air
- Winter holidays apartment in Barcelona
- Every 6 months we gather our Russian and American offices in different parts of the world, prepare your international passport! But it's online during the pandemic.
This job is full-time in the Moscow office, but we work remotely during the pandemic.