Scalio is a global digital product agency advancing technology in over 30 industries, with a diverse global team of designers, project managers and engineers who've developed systems, services, applications and platforms used daily by over 100 million people.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have moved innovation forward for industry leaders such as Google, Uber, Intuitive Surgical, Digg, Yahoo and 23andMe, on technologies including augmented reality, near-field communication (NFC), artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Founded in 2011, we at Scalio love to design, build and grow high-usability, high-performance products ranging from biotech, medical and transportation technologies, to financial and education platforms.
About The Role
We are currently seeking a talented Backend Engineer to join our professional, internationally distributed engineering and product team. This is a remote full-time position.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of Backend/RESTful API development experience
- 2+ years experience with Nest () and TypeScript
- 1+ years experience with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with Relational (MySQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc) databases
- Experience writing Unit/Integration tests for backend applications (JUnit, Jasmine+Karma, etc)
- Familiarity with the modern JS toolchain - gulp, npm, yarn, webpack, etc
- Strong working knowledge of Git (Git Flow, pull requests, etc)
- Ability to read and understand English software requirements, strong written English, ability to conduct a basic interview in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Microservice expertise
- AWS + GCP cloud expertise
- Frontend experience in React or Angular
- Continuous Integration experience with CircleCI or similar
- Exposure to Nx () for monorepos
In a typical day, you will:
- Work with our design and development teams to implement code
- Be responsible for overall backend/api and frontend code quality
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our product development
- Make sure we’re meeting our product roadmap
- Work with our team to create both technically viable and beautiful user experiences
- Work with a variety of clients including Fortune 500 and leading tech companies
- Competitive salary
- Full-time remote position
- 30 days of holidays
- Flexible working hours
Along with your CV, please include links to relevant code samples (API, Node.js, Nest, Express, Hapi, etc) and/or links to recent projects. Only communication and resumes that are submitted in English will be considered.
We kindly ask agencies to not bother applying.