You will be joining an international, cross-functional team that is distributed across geographies and time zones. Your team will be a small, creative and driven group of people working together to design and build a cutting-edge music educational product that will transform the way music is taught and learned. While part of an established and successful company, this team is independent and entrepreneurial, requiring people who passionately approach their work as an immersive lifestyle choice because they love building products that impact people’s lives.
As the Front-end Developer, Music Education, you will build and launch a new web-based, responsive/adaptive Music Education product that will work seamlessly across browsers and devices. You will work with the product, design and engineering team to quickly bring the product to market and then work continuously to improve and expand the user experience.
- Develop and deploy an innovative cross-platform solution for music educators and music students with responsive/adaptive development and design
- Write clean, maintainable code optimized for performance and scalability
- Identify strategies to systemically improve code quality
- Ensure the timely delivery of software development projects
- Publish and maintain project documentation on corporate intranet site outlining detailed product specifications, development plans and other relevant information.
- 3+ year of professional experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing
- Proficiency in a framework for building interfaces (React/Redux), + flow or typescript
- Knowledge of Git+ and comfortable with running console tasks
- Demonstrable experience with owning the development process from early-stage ideation to product launch
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills with confidence and comfort to work autonomously with short, daily check-ins from stakeholders
- Preference for knowledge of music applications, especially notation applications. Experience with common DAW sequencers, such as Ableton is useful
- English fluency, written and spoken