Who we are
Höffner is the second largest furniture retailer in Europe. With us you will operate highly complex e-commerce platforms across multiple European markets to drive our online presence further.
You will join 100 IT colleagues hailing from more than 20 nations in our newly opened, spacious Berlin office, which oversees our entire IT operations for all of Europe.
Contribute across the full technology stack, from infrastructure, databases, automation and deployments, application development to frontend.
As a Software Developer you will work in an agile cross-functional team across two locations with the Product Owners, Designers and Software Testers to drive our Online Shops and other digital products forward
• Development of Node.js applications with MVC Design Pattern
o Creating views/templates and styles in our Atomic Design Methodology with BEM
o Implement business logic and REST APIs
• Creating Unit Tests and supporting QA Team with UI Tests
• Consulting the Product Owners in architectural and technological decisions
• At least 4 years of professional software development experience in agile teams
• Good skills in at least 1 more modern programming language/ framework
• Excellent knowledge of HTML/ CSS and up-to-date techniques such as Flexbox and CSS grid
• Good knowledge of MongoDB and relational databases such as MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL
• Software Design Pattern such as MVC and Microservice Architectures
• Experience of using Consumer Driven откликнуться and tools like Swagger and Swagger Generator
• Experience with DevOps lifecycle tools like GitLab and agile processes like GitFlow
• Knowledge of Object Storages MinIO and Key-Value-Databases like Redis in cloud environments
• Knowledge of automation tools like Gulp, Jenkins, Airflow
• Good knowledge webserver technology especially NGINX
• Understanding of application security
• Fluent English is required. German, in addition to English, is a plus