We are a Swiss-based dynamic and fast-growing scale-up company operating in the renewable energy sector. We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Python Developer to join our team to contribute to the development of our software solutions. As a Senior Software Python Developer, you will play an important role to improve our current products and develop new solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications using Python.
- Write efficient, reusable, and testable code following best practices and coding standards.
- Maintain and support existing code and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Ensure the application’s performance, scalability, and security.
- Debug and resolve issues and bugs reported by the other team members or end-users.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of proven experience as a Python Developer, preferably in a senior or lead role.
- 14 years of working experience in the IT sector
- Strong proficiency in Python programming language.
- Experience with web frameworks: Flask, FastAPI.
- Experience with database systems like PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience with SQL and be able to write complex queries.
- Experience with Redis and other in-memory databases.
- Good knowledge and hands-on queue & message broker platforms like Kafka/RabbitMQ.
- Understanding concurrency principles: async, multi-threading, multi-processing.
- Experience in writing well-tested applications including unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests.
- Proficient in working with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience in container based architecture and deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with GitLab CI/CD for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience working with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Why you will love it:
- You will be part of a team and culture that continuously grows and improves itself, fosters knowledge sharing and promotes excellence in the way the company delivers its product to customers.
- Be part of a company dedicated to renewable energy with a wider mission to help in successful transition to green energy.
- You will work with state-of-the-art technologies, and you will influence the choice of new tools & technologies.
- Possibility to grow with the company and be part of the management team
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, along with opportunities for professional growth and contribution to a greener future.
If you are passionate about renewable energy and possess the necessary skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.