Smartcat is the operating system for the global translation industry. Our team believes that the world is becoming ever-more connected and interdependent. The borders that have prevented people from trading, working together, and exchanging knowledge and innovative ideas have eroded over time. This is the future that we want to live in. Our mission is to speed up the pace at which this happens by building the world’s best Language Delivery Platform™. We don’t believe automation will render language professionals obsolete. Instead, we place powerful software into the hands of the millions of people working to globalize their industries, plug them into our global supply network, and enable continuous delivery of multilingual content. We are well on our way, with thousands of customers and 500,000+ freelancers translating together on Smartcat.
Your mission will be to maintain and improve existing functionality and develop new parts of the application.
- Deliver solutions to solve real customer issues and see the result
- Improve the product: new features, improvement of current features, and development of technical solutions
- We have a design system. You have the opportunity to develop this
- Do results together with an adult and openness front team with fun
- Review code, share and get new knowledge with the team
- 3+ years of experience in frontend development
- Practical experience with Vue.js
- You know how to work with REST API
- Have practical experience in e2e и unit testsing
- Experience in building frontend architecture and design system will be an advantage
- Upper-Intermediate English and Russian: both written and spoken
- A data-driven approach. Ability to justify decisions using concrete metrics
- Integrity and full commitment
- Growth mindset
- Readiness to work in an intense startup environment requiring extreme focus, a strong sense of ownership, and determination to break through
- Openness to constructive feedback and the opinions and ideas of others
- Frontend: Vue.js 3 (migrate from Vue.js 2.6). Use nuxt 3, vue-cli (for Vue.js 2.6) and vue libraries: vue-router, vuex, vue-i18n, etc.
- Backend: .NET Core
- DB: MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Hosting in the AWS
- Elasticsearch cluster, indexes for several billion documents
- Sentry, ELK (EFK) for logging, VM, Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and monitoring
Why joining Smartcat might be your best move so far
- The ongoing rise of the content economy is causing a massive shift in the language industry. All today’s megatrends AI in the language space, gateway marketplaces in B2B, etc. — are converging at lightning speed. Smartcat’s disruptive business model taps into this $50B industry with a platform where buyers and suppliers connect, collaborate, and leverage our workflow SaaS.
- You will enjoy building with us. You will drive changes in how an old-fashioned global language industry operates while improving how hundreds of thousands of people work and millions of people exchange knowledge and ideas worldwide.
- While the language industry is big and fragmented enough to keep us busy building a billion-dollar company in the next few years, we are already seeing how the platform naturally expands to adjacent language and content-related verticals, expanding our TAM and making our journey even more exciting.
- We are a global team of 150+ enthusiastic people. We have been fully remote since 2020, with some locations populated with more “Smartcatters” than others, such as Boston, NYC, SF, the Bay Area, London, Lisbon, and Yerevan. We strive to grow aggressively, but we also preserve our high performance, engagement, and open feedback culture. As diverse as we are, we love working and having fun together, and we’re sure you’ll love working with us too.
- Smartcat is backed by Matrix Partners, FJ Labs, and other top VC firms focusing on SaaS and marketplace startups (you might recognize names like HubSpot, Zendesk, Uber, Stripe, RigUp, and Quora in their portfolios). This helps us innovate at a fast pace and learn from top professionals in other industries.
- We are looking for someone who will become a part of the team and play a critical role in the most exciting part of our journey from a post-Series B startup to a company exceeding $1b in GMV and valuation. Our journey isn’t for the faint of heart. You need to be an extremely fast learner to bring value to our users and the industry as a whole. You need to see the big picture and execute strategies that significantly increase shareholder value over time. We need a sharp mind who can stay two steps ahead on the road. We’ve got lots of success to share if you’re ready for it.
- We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams. We celebrate differences and encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work. We are committed to diversity and inclusion & prohibit discrimination and harassment.