About the job
As Android Developer at World Chess, you'll build beautiful and user-friendly Android apps for our customers. Your code will be written in a timely and scalable way all while ensuring strong optimization. You'll also unit-test your code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability. You'll work closely with our product team to deliver high-quality Android apps. Ultimately, our customers on Android will have a great mobile experience thanks to you.
- Java Core;
- Understanding of DRY, KISS, YAGNI;
- Design Patterns;
- Confident knowledge of Service, ContentProvider, and BroadcastReceiver components;
- Android SDK;
- Stack: Koin, Hilt, OkHttp, Retrofit, Glide, Room, Mockito, JUnit (knowledge, experience in use, ability to write unit tests);
- Understanding of MVP, MVVM, and MVI architectures (understanding experience working within these architectures);
- Android material design;
- Basic concepts of network protocols: http, rest, soap, etc;
- Understanding multithreading in Java;
- Algorithms and data structures;
- Kotlin, coroutines, flow;
- Experience working in a team.
This will be an advantage:
- Experience setting up CI/CD;
- Understanding/experience with WebSocket;
- Experience with Android system services (Sensors, camera, Bluetooth, Alarm, etc.);
- Experience with Agile methodologies.