Emphasoft specializes in custom development of information technology solutions for our partners from the Western and Russian business sectors. We focus on creating web applications for startups at different stages of their development.
We currently have an opening for an Android enginner to join the team at our customer. The client's company is an online privacy company committed to improving privacy and data security for all internet users.
Team: Android Browser Team.
This role is at the centre of our efforts to build an excellent Android browser that our users and partners will enjoy. In this role, you will work on the browser core that helps end-users efficiently navigate the web, customise their browsing experience, and provide great privacy protections.
- Develop features and improvements to our core browser product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way;
- Work with product management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to define and iterate on new features;
- Consistently ship smaller features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects;
- Help in identifying aspects that can be improved in the codebase, addressing issues relevant to your specific projects.
What we expect from you:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years experience with Android application development;
- Strong Java and Kotlin development skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge and experience with coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations surrounding the Android architecture ecosystem via distributed development teams;
- Comfortable working in an open-source setting;
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security;
- Location - any, except Russia.
Bonus Points For:
- Strong debugging, skills with AOSP, keen exploratory mindset with Android, has anapp in production that is managed, experience with low-level android;
- Have experience with Firefox(Fenix) or Chromium source code, experience with writing on Python, C++;
- Have experience with supporting different range of Android platforms (Android versions, mobile/tablet).
- Flexible work schedule, the ability to independently plan your working day;
- Fully remote work;
- Cooperation under b2b contract;
- Corporate English courses;
- No micromanagement and bureaucracy.