Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 100+ people on 4 continents and in 10+ countries.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
About this opportunity:
We're seeking a skilled individual to join our Node development team responsible for the primary analysis and filtering of HTTP requests.
This critical component, installed at the client, operates as a filter node similar to a modern Next-Generation Web Application Firewall (NGWAF), with added integration capabilities with the Wallarm cloud. We're in search of an experienced C developer with practical experience in Golang and strong English communication skills to expedite problem-solving and enhance the quality of our solutions.
As a pivotal member of our team, you will:
- Develop new functionality and provide support for existing features in our software.
- Craft modules for Nginx, Envoy, Tarantool, and Kubernetes Nginx Ingress Controller.
- Construct a library for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), parsing, and metrics computation.
- Establish bindings for these libraries across various programming languages.
In this role you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of experience in C programming.
- Proficiency in the Linux OS environment.
- Knowledge of development tools, open-source concepts, and version control.
- Understanding of network protocol principles.
- Proficiency in Git.
- Strong command of bash scripting.
- Expertise in debugging and profiling tools (gdb, Valgrind, sanitizers, heaptrack, perf).
Additional advantages will be:
- Experience with Nginx.
- Knowledge of Ruby.
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes.
- Practical experience with Golang.
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Paid days off
- Medical insurance
- Working equipment
- Professional development and career growth