Seabed.AI () are looking for a final-year student (Master/PHD preferred) or a recent graduate of one of the top Russian technical universities (МФТИ, МИФИ, МГУ-Мехмат/Физфак/ВМК, ИТМО, ВШЭ) to join our ambitious British AI startup as an intern. A successful internship will end up in a job offer.
The job will require the following:
- Supporting Seabed.AI CTO
- Analysing machine learning results as new data becomes available
- Expanding functionality to be able to process new data types
- Improving the existing neural network to detect and measure objects on the seabed, with focus on increasing the accuracy of defining the objects’ borders
- Advanced python
- Solid educational background in maths
- Familiarity with deep learning techniques
Nice to have:
- Computer vision experience (academic or industry)
- In-depth tensorflow or pytorch knowledge
We are looking for a person with a can-do attitude and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
This is a part-time assignment with 3-6 month duration that will require approximately 15-20 hours per week. The exact terms will be discussed with the right candidate. Our team is located in London, but you can work from anywhere in the world.
We are also looking for a Data Science student to write a thesis with us. We have a short (1-2 months) and intense project titled “Optimising the loss function for object detection on the seabed”, which has publishing potential. Verified data for training the network is available.