Engineering Manager - Frontend (React, Typescript)
Прямой работодатель Fivetran ( fivetran.com )
Опыт работы более 5 лет
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
To build challenging new features of our data pipeline service, to improve our software architecture, and to maintain reliable operation of the service.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the engineering leadership team. You will be working closely with engineers and product managers to build the future of the Fivetran product. We encourage both new and seasoned engineering leaders to apply.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers, and coordinate with other stakeholders at the company, including product management, support engineers, and sales engineers. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of your focus areas; and you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.
As an Engineering Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Become an expert with database and replication technologies
- Become an expert with our ELT pipeline and drive new feature development and optimization initiatives
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- You will diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
- You will foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor to your team
What you bring to the table:
- Strong track record as a software engineer delivering high impact software, with engineering manager or team lead experience.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in development processes, project and program leadership
- Ability to develop and communicate across teams to get an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical skills in at least one of the following areas: database technologies, performance engineering, data pipines
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary;
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door;
- Medical insurance for the employee and the family;
- Monthly cell phone stipend;
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off;
- Professional development and training opportunities (leans budget allowance);
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities;
- Fully remote or hybrid work;
- Flexible working hours;
- Referral Bonuses;
- Regular offline events that brings together every employee.