Position: Team Lead Engineer
At iterative.ai, we build open-source tools for machine learning DVC (10k+ stars on GitHub), CML (3k+ stars on GitHub), and enterprise-grade data infrastructure solutions. We also offer a team collaboration SaaS solution - Studio. We're a well-funded (Series A), remote-first team (50+ employees) on a mission to solve the complexities of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle, and other ML & data-centric workflows.
We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise customers.
We're seeking a strong python backend engineer to work on iterative.ai's SaaS offering - studio - a managed ML workspace/hub allowing for ML teams to share and collaborate experiments, models and more
Strong Python knowledge and excellent coding culture (standards, unit test, etc) are required.
-Discuss and research issues, bugs and new features;
-Take ownership of the full development lifecycle - From planning, through designing, execution, testing to supporting in production;
-Document your code and share knowledge with the team.
-Motivation and interest (Technologies, domain, customer impact);
-Love for clean & efficient code;
-Remote work self-discipline - ability to focus and deliver reliably - respect team's planning, deadlines, etc.;
-Excellent communication skills - clear, constructive, and respectful dialog with other team members, community.
Great to have:
-Experience working remotely;
-Open source contributions or experience of maintaining, developing an open source project;
-System programming experience - kernel, databases, etc.;
-Machine Learning or Data Science experience;
-Technical Leadership - contributing to the team's growth and enriching other team members with your knowledge and experience.
Our Hiring Process:
We will go over the process with you in the Introductory call to make sure it is clear and you know what to expect.
Here is the full interview process you can expect - It’s our go-to for most positions:
- Introductory call [~1h];
- Tech call with a team member [~45m];
- Take-home coding task [real-world, asynchronous];
- Task summary / retro call [Optional, ~1h];
Perks & Benefits:
- Work wherever you want - No offices. Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
- Work whenever you want - Asynchronous communication and engineering culture. We are light on meetings and emphasize people finding their own schedule to be prolific & effective. Oh yeah, also Unlimited PTO and sick days!
- Open-source your code - We’re an open-source-first company (frankly, it’s in our DNA). Your work will be visible and will be used by thousands of developers every day! Check out our Discord and GitHub.
- Competitive compensation - based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- Great health coverage (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations).
- Benefits - 401K with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary (US only, but we give the best we can worldwide through reimbursements and hiring platforms).
- Participate in conventions and conferences (PyCon, PyData, O'Reilly AI, etc) - We encourage and support everyone in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.