Weigandt Consulting (WDT) is an international IT consulting company with headquarters in Germany, clients from Europe, and employees around the globe. The company has extensive expertise and focuses purely on the retail industry delivering value to many successful retailers, helping them to boost profitability and gain a competitive edge by offering the highest level of customer experience.
Our initiative-driven working environment and culture support the contribution of every team member, to increase your learning opportunities and challenge you to grow with us.
Currently, we are looking for Java backend developers for a long-term project with a global retailer from the United Kingdom. The main aim of the project is migration from a fairly large Oracle-based monolith system into microservices with additional functionality.
- Backend software development of microservices, interfaces, protocols;
- Prepare technical documentation;
- Suggest improvements and enhancements for increasing work quality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience;
- Confident knowledge of Java;
- Understanding and practical experience of Agile/Scrum methodology;
- Good to have experience with Spring Framework, Docker/K8s, NoSQL databases;
- Good to have experience with cloud services such as Spring Cloud, Azure, or others;
- Intermediate English (B2) writing and speaking skills;
- Self-dependence and open communication.
- Competitive monthly fixed salary (based on the results of the interviews);
- Long-term international projects with modern technology stacks;
- Flexible work format: remotely anywhere or in our offices in Germany or Armenia;
- Benefits program: compensation of Professional, Workplace, Health, Children, Sports, Services, and Culture expenses by your choice;
- Flexible schedule: full-time 40 hours per week, no night meetings;
- Official contract in accordance with country legislation;
- Paid vacation of 20 working days, sick leaves, official UK country holidays;
- Company-provided modern IT equipment: Apple MacBook/ HP/ Lenovo;
- Regular online and offline informal events, a friendly atmosphere.