Orion Innovation Turkey Istanbul, Turkey (Hybrid)
Zodiac, one of the leading developers of software for interactive TV in the USA, is currently seeking to hire a C/C++ Developer.
Responsibilities include the following tasks in the area of software development for interactive television (information, entertainment and business services):
- Embedded software development – developing new code as well as maintenance/modifications of the legacy code;
- Porting 3rd party applications and libraries.
- Integration of 3rd party software components written in different languages/technologies (JS/HTML5, Dart/Flutter), into the existing software stack;
- Development of unit and component tests;
- Collaboration with other project team members located in different geographies
Required skills & behaviours:
- 3+ years of experience,
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ (11/14/17), software design patterns, popular libraries and tools (Boost, STL in particular);
- Knowledge of multithreading design patterns and practices,
- Experience in embedded software development, low-level programming and debugging, preferably in Linux environment,
- Working knowledge of development under Linux OS,
- General to deep understanding of network protocols,
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies, dig into unknown software components and integrate them together,
- Readiness to work in international distributed team, good communication abilities, willingness to work as part of the team.
The following will be advantages:
• Have prior expertise in digital TV area (development of systems and/or applications for OTT, DTV; development for various models of set-top boxes),
• Expertise of integration software components from different vendors, working with low-level components as well as middleware and up to UI level – full stack,
• Experience in working in environments part of which are git, gerrit, Jenkins, Jira.
Orion is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.