Weigandt Consulting (WDT) is an international IT consulting company with headquarter in Germany, clients from Europe and employees around the globe. The company has extensive expertise and focuses purely on the retail industry delivering value to many successful chains of stores such as Tesco, Konzum, Lotus, helping them to boost profitability and gain a competitive edge by offering the highest level of customer experience.
Currently, we are looking for Data engineer for a long-term project with a global retailer from the United Kingdom. The project aim is the development (CI/CD) of the intelligent automated markdown tool. You will have a chance to take part in optimisation of elasticity curves for one of the top ten world retail groups, implement price-reducing logic to different pricing strategies, experiment with the real big data on Hadoop stack, improve current code, and data engineering processes collaborating with a high-level professional team.
- Software development using Python and Pyspark;
- Managing and provisioning of infrastructure;
- Making efficient and complex SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop/Hive queries;
- Regular interaction with the team and client for refinement sessions, planning, and standup meetings;
- Prepare technical documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience;
- Confident knowledge of Python programming;
- Confident knowledge of SQL, NoSQL database;
- Good to have experience in cloud infrastructure (Azure or AWS), terraform IaC;
- Understanding and practical experience of Agile/Scrum methodology;
- Good to have experience with ETL, BigData (Hadoop/Hive);
- Upper-Intermediate English (B2) writing and speaking skills;
- Self-dependence and open communication.
- Competitive monthly fixed salary based on the results of the interviews;
- Long-term international projects with modern technology stacks;
- Flexible work format: remotely anywhere or in our offices: Aachen, Yerevan;
- Flexible schedule: full-time 40 hours per week, no night meetings;
- Official contract in accordance with country legislation;
- Paid vacation, sick leaves, official UK country holidays;
- Benefits package: Professional, Sport, Health, Children, Culture, Travel, Working place wallets (reimbursement in accordance with the annual budget);
- Company-provided modern IT equipment: Apple MacBook/ HP/ Lenovo;
- Regular online and offline informal events, friendly atmosphere.