We are Games Factory Talents - we help Talents from all over the world to land a dream job at a Games studio in Europe or remotely.
Our client - a remote first, international ambitious new company building best in class cross platform Action RPG games, is looking for a Backend Developer.
The current project has a unique take on the action RPG genre, where the progress in the game is determined by evolving heroes based on what enemies they kill. More interestingly the dungeons and resident Monsters are player owned. This allows for brand new dynamics and game experiences you will be able to work on.
You will be the key in building our organisation, adding new tech members, managing the tech team and integrating new partners and services.
- Implement backend systems to launch and operate a live game
- Write clean, sustainable code and create extendable, scalable architecture
- Contribute in architecture discussions, design reviews, code reviews, and estimation of tasks or projects
- Monitoring and maintenance of live game services.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing (game) backend services
- Expert C# programming skills
- Good knowledge of Git
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience in network protocols, concurrency, distributed systems, web security & optimization
- Familiarity with automated testing tools
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.), and in-memory databases.
Will be a plus if you have:
- Experience developing real time multiplayer games
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Metaplay
- Experience with the Akka Actor System
- Experience in JS/TypeScript, Vuejs/Vite.
- This is the remote position (relocation can be discussed) - work from any part of the world within European work hours
- The design of the benefits package will depend on your engagement set up with the company.