8 out of 10 SMEs from developing countries looking to start exporting today get rejected by banks. Those that manage to get access to accounts, are severely underbanked - facing compliance hurdles, unexplained closures of their accounts and poor customer experiences.
Addressing over six million SMEs globally, with a $500B market opportunity in payments & FOREX alone, Silverbird is on a mission to make international traders bankable again. We're here to enable freedom of trade and make it easy for merchants to grow their businesses internationally.
Founded in 2020, Silverbird launched its MVP in September 2021 following an oversubscribed seed raise of >$7M from notable investors like Stride Capital (UK), FJ Labs (US), All Iron Ventures (Spain), FEBE Ventures (Vietnam), MOC (Poland), and others. The founder, Maxim Faldin – a Stanford MBA graduate, is a serial entrepreneur with a 15-year track record of building and scaling e-commerce businesses. His first venture Wikimart was funded by Tiger Global and enjoyed great success, dubbed as the eBay of Russia. Max is passionate about building purpose-driven businesses with strong cultures that support scalable growth.
Today, a team of 60+ distributed across the UK, Lithuania, Russia, and Moldova, we are growing rapidly in customers and headcount. We're preparing for our next raise, laying out the scaffolding for our product organisation, doing the regulatory groundwork to support our global payment corridors and building a business that puts people at the heart. This is where you come in...
Our business vision: We are building a trade-liberating digital bank for cross-border commerce. We strive to give international merchants business-centric online banking supporting their individual supply chains across the globe.
Our product mission: We bring customer-centricity and freedom of trade to millions of small-medium exporters.
DEFINITION OF THE ROLE:
A UK-based startup is looking for an experienced and talented PHP Team Lead to develop top-notch financial backend services to the heart of our product development as we build the first digital bank for international trade.
WHAT THE JOB INVOLVES:
- In the next 3-4 months, take an active part in finalizing and laying out the MVP product.
- Participate in building the right development culture, implement best practices.
- Together with the team, design an architecture based on microservices and integration with 3rd party services.
- Pay attention to Security.
- Participate in the establishment of CI / CD.
- Define a strategy for technical solutions for MVP and long-term development of the project.
- Now we have our own backend based on Symfony 5 + Vue.js, a pack of APIs of external payment providers (in the future 10+ pieces), a Core banking system, from which we will definitely migrate to a new one. All this must be accepted/understood/forgiven and, together with us, create a plan of how and with what of this we are moving towards a brighter future according to the priorities of the company.
- 5+ years of experience in development.
- 2+ years of experience with the Symfony/Laravel framework.
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team 2+ developers.
- Availability of completed projects for the development of fault-tolerant systems
- Broad knowledge of technologies, frameworks, environments and development tools. In terms of knowledge, the priority is no longer on one specific technology, but on the heterogeneity of knowledge
- Deep understanding of modern principles and technologies for developing web and mobile applications, fault-tolerant, and microservice systems.
- Ability to implement standards, set tasks, accept work, and conduct code reviews.
- Understanding the principles of information security, methods of information protection.
- Knowledge of technologies: PHP (Symfony5), MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, git, Docker;
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and approaches.
- Contract with a British legal entity.
- Remote work.
- Flexible work schedule, lack of formalism, and bureaucracy.
- Possibility to relocate to Georgia.
- Social package based on the needs of candidates.