Are you an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer, looking to help build our brand-new mobile application for both iOS and Android devices, and bootstrap the team to grow in the coming year?
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler the best accommodation deal, worldwide. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native experience strongly preferred), reporting into our Engineering Lead, and working together with the other engineers of our Mobile Application Squad. You will work alongside a Product Manager and UX designer to build our mobile application from scratch. We are planning to use React Native as our website is currently built with React, and we’re aiming to share concepts where possible, while evolving both website and application products in parallel.
What you will do:
- Engineer and build a cross-platform (iOS, Android) mobile application for FindHotel from scratch.
- Work together with the staff engineer, product manager, UX designers and fellow engineers to align existing and future concepts of the website with the mobile application.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to improve the user experience of the application and design, build and run A/B tests.
- Work on new initiatives to help our users find, book and manage their bookings directly from the FindHotel application.
Who you are:
- You have experience in engineering battle-tested mobile solutions, preferably with React Native.
- You have extensive experience with the app store distribution and mobile release cycles.
- You have a strong passion for the end user experience, from pixels to performance.
- You value the customer’s success and satisfaction above all else.
- You have extensive experience with end to end testing and mobile application CI/CD solutions.
- You have experience with mobile A/B testing and feature flag implementations.
Why join us now?
We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 2M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency & industry leading features and managed to overcome the corona crisis remarkably fast.
The company is evolving quickly to position itself among the global leaders in the travel industry. It is an exceptional journey to make; challenging, exciting and a marvel to be a part of.
We place huge importance on rewarding our employees for the value they generate by giving Stock Appreciation Rights to all employees.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading about the attitude that thrives at FindHotel..
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow within an open, diverse culture which promotes knowledge sharing, trust and transparency.
- A profitable, stable company with big opportunities ahead - our core, team and values have been built steadily and robustly over the years and we are now ready for fast growth.
- A great compensation package + perks and benefits (including significant stock appreciation rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely .
- You will be part of a highly international team that enjoys working, eating & playing together in one of Amsterdam best office locations.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines; great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
- We enjoy getting together to celebrate our wins with company events in Amsterdam and abroad in form of a company trip for all full-time employees.
- A budget for your dream home office.