Assaia International Ltd. is working on machine learning-based systems for international airports and airlines. We were founded in February 2018 in Switzerland.
Our main product, ApronAI, is a computer vision system that monitors and analyses aircraft servicing processes from video streams. The data that the system generates is used in real-time for monitoring, alerting, delay predictions, and also historically – for performance, safety analysis and decision making. See details and demos on our website and YouTube channel!
Today there is a developed and continuously improved real-time system. There are several production and pilot installations running, with several upcoming big rollouts in preparation.
To optimize and scale our processes, we are looking for a Project Manager to join our team for a full-time remote position. This unique position is a great opportunity to build a great career at an international company that is going to be a monopolist in AI-driven software services for aviation.
- Launching Assaia’s systems for customers requires executing implementation projects, which mainly consist of setting up the computing environments and training custom machine learning models. Your main job as the Project Manager will be steering execution of the machine learning-related parts of the projects. This includes:
- Tracking project requirements and managing deadlines.
- Communicating risks and status updates to the leadership.
- Coordinating various activities primarily within the Machine Learning department, such as: forming data annotation requirements, creating technical performance reports, leading formal performance validation activities.
- Together with the team leaders, working on optimising the processes.
- Together with the tech organisation leadership, align machine learning activities with the real-time product development to ensure on-time delivery of the whole implementation projects.
- English: upper intermediate and better, both written and verbal (will be tested during interviews).
- Successful experience of software project management and coordination.
- Experience working with machine learning teams is a plus.
- Finished degree in computer science or surrounding areas is a plus.
- Technical skills:
- Highly skilled in creating technical documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Identifying structure and patterns in data, ability to present results in a comprehensible way.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a way that makes them look simple.
- Experience with programming is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with team members and management.
- Understanding basics of working with people, primarily how to delegate and control execution.
- Critical thinking, open-mindedness, readiness to accept mistakes and learn from them.
- Focus on getting things done. Ability to find optimal speed/quality balance
- Attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with external changes – Assaia is a startup working on an innovative solution, requirements and deadlines sometimes get updated.
Assaia is a unique place where you can work on a technically advanced and innovative product, built with novel technologies for an exciting and important industry. You will be working in a diverse international team of smart people who can learn a lot from each other — all this without leaving your home — or sunbed, if you wish!
You will enjoy watching the startup growing, surviving the market and will be able to steer the direction of the company’s development. Additionally, we offer:
- Keeping a flat hierarchy and close to zero bureaucracy.
- You will be able to participate in taking important decisions, your ideas will be heard and implemented.
- Always remote work and flexible schedule.
- Agile processes.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick leaves.
- Stock options.
- Great company culture based on honesty and mutual respect.
- Live team events, including trips to Europe (will happen as soon as possible!)
- Paid relevant conferences/online education/English courses.
- We are a team of more than 35 now. We are looking forward to expanding it with you!