The Schaffhausen Institute of Technology (SIT) is a research-led institution located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Founded by world-renowned entrepreneurs, led by leading scientists and researchers, SIT's mission is to train the next generation of global leaders, solve some of the world's biggest problems with science, and transform the future.
SIT provides research, knowledge, and education in three broad areas of advanced technology: Computer Science, Physics, and Technology Transformation and is comprised of several companies (SIT Alemira, SIT Autonomous, SIT Capital, SIT Programming School, SIT StartGarden).
SIT ALEMIRA is a completely digital and software ecosystem for universities, research facilities, boot camps, and corporate education. Our unique Active Learning ecosystem features an AI-powered learning and authoring platform, data-driven, collaborative research and modeling tools, active educational content from world-class scientists, and organizational transformation consulting services.
We are currently looking for a Senior/Middle Python Developer for our core product - Virtual Labs (coding lab - product to learn how to code, simulation lab - software products hands-on trainings and assessment with automated content builder).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing state of the art virtual labs product that uses advanced cloud technologies (Google Cloud) and, analytics tools (Metabase, Segment) to enable learning by doing paradigm.
- Developing and maintaining reliable and scalable services (code execution and assessment service, cloud-based IDE, code-review service, virtual lab environments orchestrator service).
- Participating in the code-review process.
- Participating in discussion about product architecture.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in Python, good knowledge of Django
- Good knowledge of containers and networking
- English language knowledge - technical (at least B1-B2 level).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with learning management systems and/or
- An exceptional intellectual drive to go deeper down the online learning rabbit hole
- Solid experience in containerization and microservice orchestration
- JS knowledge is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary.
- International team with experienced entrepreneurs and top-tier scientists (h-index - 100+).
- Socially useful project and an opportunity for personal growth in the international educational organization with the headquarters in Switzerland.
- A fast-paced environment with challenges that enable you to grow as a professional.
- Remote work (office workplace will be an option after pandemic).
- Flexible start of the day.
- Health insurance including kids under 14.