Murano Software is engaged in software development under the order (outsourcing) and development of own product on the .NET platform which is successfully distributed in the territory of the USA. Our team consists of specialists working in 4 development centers (St. Petersburg, Kharkiv, Voronezh, Tashkent) and the main office of the company in Los Angeles.
This vacancy is opened on our outsourcing project.
We are looking for a passionate Director of Technical SEO. The successful candidate will turn use their curiosity and technical website construction knowledge to create on-page & on-site recommendations which help grow SEO visits. You will build a team of technical SEO professionals to grow our 3 billion annual visits across well known brands.
The Technical SEO team works within the SEO Group alongside other SEO team members, product, technology, and business leaders to provide technical website recommendations that will improve user experience and organic traffic. These recommendations will be derived from insight from site crawls, investigations at the page level, feedback from Google Search Console, and more. And a critical responsibility of the Director of Technical SEO is to identify how to automate the development of these insights across our portfolio of sites.
This Director can sit remote or in any of our offices across the country.
- Partner with business leaders to drive the right traffic which increases revenue
- Develop and implement technical SEO best practices, guiding product and technology teams to be proactive in site development
- Identify workflows & analyses that can be automated, such as Core Web Vitals monitoring, internal linking, etc.
- Deploy automated site crawlers (e.g. Screaming Frog) and work with Data Sciences team to build cloud crawling which can run continuously for site changes, setting off automatic alerts when issues arise
- Identify technical SEO health metrics for dashboarding to scale across many domains and automate notification systems
- Lead analysis to identify new opportunities on a website’s technical construction which will enable Google to crawl it better
- Keep up with new developments and technical improvements for Page Experience that will benefit SEO growth
- Work closely with leaders of developer and QA teams participating in development cycles where SEO is underway
- Establish processes for technical audits of our sites, with periodic review
- Stay up to date with the latest technical algorithm components and establish priorities for including updates in sprints
- Review key competitors web page construction and identify new opportunities to improve our own
- Review information architecture on our sites and recommend improvements
- Leverage tools like Page Speed Insights, Lighthouse, Schema Validator to ensure our sites are world-class, benchmarked against competitors.
- Educate engineering and QA colleagues on SEO best practices throughout projects
- Design A/B tests which are aimed at increasing SEO traffic
- Use data and analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Education in computer science, engineering, mathematics
- Programming skills, particularly with scripting languages for designing automation
- HTML with a focus on key SEO elements such as Canonicals, Schema implementation, Meta Robots instructions, etc.
- Project Management experience, plus for leading technical teams
- Intermediate Excel skills or better
- 5+ years of experience in SEO driving traffic growth
- 3+ years of experience managing team members
- A strong analytical and quantitative mind, with demonstrated results in SEO.
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable instructions.
- A true collaborator, working with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Willingness to dive in and research a problem from multiple points of view, provide supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go-forward game plan.