DataDirect Networks Inc. is seeking a Software User Interface Developer/Engineer for the development and maintenance of DDN’s Common UI infrastructure and application to DDN’s various product offerings. Candidates must have experience with Angular and proven UI development and be willing to develop their Human Factor Engineering skills to ensure that the UI’s implemented provide the best user experience. The candidate must be an excellent communicator, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter. The candidate must be able to collaborate with other teams and individuals worldwide to quickly learn DDN products/technology/setup & configuration. The candidate must be able to leverage and integrate the Common UI into each of the respective DDN products.
- Help define Common UI for all DDN products
- Translating functional requirements into delivered solutions
- Define and articulate technical designs with the appropriate details to technical teams. Lead and participate in the development of new Common UI
- Participate in the maintenance and development of new features for our core products for CUI
- Bug fixing and improvement of existing code in Common UI
- Help to triage, diagnose and solve production system software problems
- Mentor junior developers
- Participate in technical reviews throughout the course of development.
- Support product deployment and production defect resolution in a timely manner.
- Personally accountable and highly motivated with solid people skills.
- Demonstrated experience in software development and product support Experience with HTML/CSS, Rest API development and use
- Experience with Angular framework
- 5+ years overall experience with web application technologies
- Some knowledge of server caching for performance
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Experience developing applications intended to scale to multiple servers
- Experience using continuous integration tools, Jenkins preferred
- Experience using source control, GIT preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- UNIX system shell scripting skills.
- Experience with python technologies (i.e. Tornado, Redis, & APSchedule)
- Knowledge of JQuery including BackboneJS, requireJS, Bootstrap, underscoreJS
- Knowledge of RPM creation and deployment.
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat distribution.
- Big data experience (i.e. GPFS, Lustre, Hadoop)
- Experience with data mining, Hadoop or map-reduce algorithms
- Experience with Amazon Cloud for automated VM provisioning, setup and testing.
- Strong understanding of network principles, topology, load balancing, routing desired.
- Knowledge of cloud storage, cloud computing, data center operations is desirable.