Join us to build the tech future of travel!
ZEN, one of the fastest-growing and innovative tech-travel ventures in Southeast Asia is looking for a Mid PHP Engineer.
ZEN is a travel technology group for Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hotels. We provide state-of-the-art technology solutions for hotel clients to help them achieve operational efficiency and become the best-run properties in their city. Our portfolio consists of top SaaS and software products: AI-driven Revenue Management system, world’s #1 hotel software, OTA with localized Marketing Boost, growth-driven marketing solutions.
By helping Southeast Asian hotels operate more efficiently, ZEN contributes daily to democratizing travel in the region.
We are proudly backed by leading institutional and strategic investors, including the #1 Korean travel group Yanolja (itself backed by Booking Holdings) as well as Rocket Internet (behind multi-billion dollar startups such as Lazada, FoodPanda).
About the role
We are currently looking for a skilled and passionate Mid PHP Engineer to become part of our international team of highly talented and motivated people. As a Mid PHP Engineer at ZEN Rooms, you will be responsible for contributing to the application architecture and doing intensive, design orientated development on both Frontend and Backend code.
About the requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years in developing highly scalable back-end web applications
- Deep knowledge of PHP and wide experience with the OOP frameworks
- Proficient with database design and optimization (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Mastery and updated on frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel. Experience with Phalcon framework is a big plus
- Experience in designing Rest APIs and RPC structures.
- Practical experience in writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of common Design Patterns and coding principle
- Good background in building complex products which are able to handle the requests by millions of users
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience.
- Able to make sure that the platforms keep up with high standards of scalability, stability, security, and performance.
Nice to Have
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Knowledge of cloud architectures, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, and Serverless concepts.
- Knowledge/Experience in other programming languages like python, node.js, C#
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Familiarity with technical practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, CI/CD
- Familiar with Linux commands
Technologies you will use and/or learn with our team:
- Agile methodology
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- AWS, Kubernetes
- Python, PHP
- Test Driven Development, BDD or DDD
- SOLID, KISS, YAGNI, DRY principles
- OOP and Functional programming
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Service-Oriented Architecture