We are looking for a Development Engineer for our team, which focuses on creating storage solutions for the most data-intensive workloads. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, implementing, and shipping software using modern development tooling and practices.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Software design and development for new features and maintenance of existing features.
- Analysis of bug reports and development of software fixes on multiple platforms.
- Work with the Engineering manager and a geographically distributed team to understand product requirements and features.
- Contribute to and validate product documentation.
- Assist with performance tuning of features for specific environments and use-cases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with C in Linux environments.
- Strong team player with good communication skills and should be self-starter.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Parallel File Systems, in particular Lustre, is highly preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Gerrit, Git, and Github preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise-class or HPC storage systems and/or distributed systems. (this requirement is optional)
- Experience with Linux Internals is a plus.