Who we are
We’re a growing international company from Helsinki (Finland) that helps online stores by automating the discovery and embedding of product videos. Our team is spread out across 6 countries around the world.
We’re artists, creators, designers, travelers, cyclists, programmers, dancers, photographers, writers, pet lovers, gamers, campers, runners, parents, sailors, entrepreneurs.
We all are so different, but we’re united by common values and goals: do exceptional work, have fun, build the best product in the business, experiment, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, and keep learning.
Here’s what you will be doing
We have a distributed system based on cloud platforms and services that we would like to develop further. As a part of the development team, you will be adding new features to the existing product focusing mainly on one of the system components, either customers' platform or internal operations — it will be discussed and decided based on what better fits you. You will work with AWS Services, such as Kinesis, Redshift, SQS, etc., and other cloud solutions suitable for high-loaded systems.
So, mainly, your working day will include:
- writing code, tests;
- discussions with the team, planning solutions.
Who you are
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, we’re happy to accept you. You like to communicate proactively all the challenges ahead, making sure that all the expectations around are aligned properly. And of course, you like coding.
We’re looking for a skilled backend developer who would like to work for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours.
- 3+ years of experience in web development, including decent experience in backend
- Fluent Russian speaker, as our development team speaks Russian mostly
- Solid understanding of how distributed systems are built and web technologies in general
- You know the aspects of OOP, FP, SOLID, DRY and use them wisely
- Understanding of application design and development patterns and principles (CQRS, DI, DDD) and the ability to apply them
- Good understanding of how to debug and profile the code, find bottlenecks in performance
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of some parts of the system
- Ability to write in English; speaking and fluency is a huge plus
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?)
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes
It's also natural for you to ask questions and say if there's something you're not that familiar with yet. There is always room to grow and learn, and you don't need to be perfect, no one is. This is how we see honesty and humanity.
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection.
- Costs of professional books and courses related to work.
- Costs related to visiting conferences and professional events.
- Partial compensation for English language course costs (60%).
- Flexible hours - you choose when to work and from where.
- Friendly environment