We are pleased to invite you to consider the position of remote Senior Java Backend Engineer at our client's company based in New York, USA.
The company inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown. Their mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
Some of the company’s key characteristics:
● Was founded in 2014;
● Unites 4 brands;
● Raised $24.6M in funding over 4 rounds.
About the Role:
The company is constantly growing and in order to support this growth, they constantly need to improve the website and test new functionality. Their backend team has a wide range of tasks:
● Recommendations and personalization;
● Navigation update;
● Website SEO;
● Performance updates.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
● Develop features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way;
● Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment;
● Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance;
● Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity;
● Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review;
● Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions;
● Represent company and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions;
● Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
What The Company Will Love About You (personality traits):
● Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment;
● Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions;
● Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term;
● Positive and solution-oriented mindset;
● Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates;
● An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility;
● Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution;
● Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills;
● Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization;
● Share company’s values, and work in accordance with those values;
● Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
What You’ll Need to Have (required qualifications):
● Significant professional experience with Java, 5+ years experience;
● CI/CD experience;
● TDD experience is a plus;
● Experience with PostrgesQL 2+ years;
● Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar;
● Working with SPA is a plus;
● Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems JVM profiling, database profiling);
● Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
Why you should apply now:
● Competitive base compensation;
● Bonus program;
● Paid Time Off and Work From Home;
● A fun, creative and energetic work environment.
Looking forward to your feedback,
AI Hub team