Scalio is a global digital product agency advancing technology in over 30 industries, with a diverse global team of designers, project managers and engineers who've developed systems, services, applications and platforms used daily by over 100 million people.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have moved innovation forward for industry leaders such as Google, Uber, Intuitive Surgical, Digg, Yahoo and 23andMe, on technologies including augmented reality, near-field communication (NFC), artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Founded in 2011, we at Scalio love to design, build and grow high-usability, high-performance products ranging from biotech, medical and transportation technologies, to financial and education platforms.
About The Role
We are seeking a talented Senior Designer to join our growing Creative Services department. This is a remote contract position with exciting opportunities to grow within a team of highly-collaborative technologists.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 5+ years work experience with a focus on graphic & product design across a variety of platforms including web, and mobile
- A strong online design portfolio that includes design mockups, icons, UI, wireframes and UX flows - original design work only
- A great eye for detail, demonstrating creative and innovative problem solving
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop and other design tools
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group feedback
- Previous experience working in a project-based environment is a plus but not a requirement
- A passion for the consumer and user's experience, and comfort being empowered to speak as their advocate
- Strong verbal English skills and/or experience communicating with clients
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to read and understand design and software requirements
Nice to have:
- Experience creating mobile products or cross-platform experiences (mobile and web)
- Experience using interactive prototyping tools such as InVision
- Experience leading projects and/or teams
In a typical day, you will:
- Partner with an experienced creative director and other talented designers to design and pitch web and mobile products that will offer a meaningful impact to 30+ different industries, including medical technology, financial technology, mobile and web-based applications, education tech, augmented reality advertisement and remote work communities to name a few
- Partner with your marketing and creative directors to design inspiring imagery to performance marketing and social media, while learning what imagery our consumers love the most by reviewing data performance of our website, advertisement and social media channels
- Create, review & manage living brand and style guides that may include guidelines for web and mobile products, in some cases for the top technology companies in the U.S.
- Design, update and creatively improve an industry-leading website, product catalog and portfolio
- Share your creative best practices with a diverse team of designers inspired to learn from your work
- Work with a variety of clients including Fortune 500 and leading tech companies
- Learn from close-knit team of engineers, designers and entrepreneurs who started their careers at some of Silicon Valley's most innovative companies including Apple, Google, Twitter, King, GSN Games and YouTube
- Competitive salary
- Fully-remote position
- 30 days of holidays
- Flexible working hours
Along with your CV, please include links to a portfolio and any projects you have contributed to. Only communication and resumes that are submitted in English will be considered.
We kindly ask agencies not to bother applying.