We are expanding our IT team and looking for a Product Manager who can support our efforts in back-office core platform development and improving business processes across the organization. This position is remote full-time (relocation from the 2nd year is possible) and includes active feature ownership: we expect the person in this position to control all knowledge about our ERP and back-office processes, including Operations & Finance block.
Who are we?
Xometry is the world’s largest “manufacturing on-demand” platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Through our platform, companies and individuals have the chance to instantly request price & lead time (based on 3D model or drawing) and to order metal and plastic parts production online. Our international network of over 6,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing and others. We deliver the final parts after a strict quality assurance process and our customers can always track the status of their requests. Xometry’s customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
The platform (ERP system for internal business processes + Customers front + Suppliers front) is based on Ruby on Rails/PostgreSQL stack, Typescript/React/GraphQL frontend, Python modules and integrations with 3rd party solutions via APIs. Currently, the European tech team is 14 people in size and we prefer keeping it small and blazing fast. Our platform and tech team serve all European business operations which are independent of the US business served by another tech team of ~70. We are building the uber-like platform for manufacturing, deploying updates almost every working day, so there is a lot of interesting work to be done.
- Core responsibility: in-house built ERP system and related/integrated SaaS services for our colleagues.
- Participate actively in product architecture, features and task prioritization.
- Analyse, discuss processes, workflows and software usage with stakeholders and come up with solutions (mockups, specs, tickets, etc.) and improvements.
- Build no-code/low code tools & prototypes with tools like Retool.
- Coordinate features development, testing, rollout and colleagues acknowledgement about updates.
- Investigate bottlenecks, track and participate in business processes optimization and improvements.
Successful candidate has
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager/project manager in online businesses, preferably in on-demand or Uber-like services/platforms.
- Product/project management experience, result-oriented approach, strong communication skills, taste for good software and UX. Experience with mixed (in-house/outsourced) and geographically diverse teams is an advantage.
- Experience with ERP/Finance/Accounting products/projects implementation is a strong plus.
- Solid technical expertise, including:
- being able to provide UI mockups based on existing design system;
- good understanding of the web dev stack;
- being able to work with data (SQL queries).
- Team player experienced in cross-functional teams, sufficient English for an international company.
- Ready to work in a startup environment with continuously evolving goals.
- Russian speaking remote team in a large international company.
- Successful startup (80+ people in Europe) inside the world market leader (450 people in total).
- Home Office full-time / a long-term contract as Individual Entrepreneur.
- Relocation to Munich is possible in a 1-year perspective.
- Compensation (fixed in euro) is negotiable with each candidate.