About the team
Within the Product Engineering Design organization, we have several product areas, each with a separate set of goals and personas.
Horizontal Product teams are focused on fundamental user experience, no matter what the role of the user or customer is. These teams are working to ensure that everyone has an amazing user experience, including content creation, knowledge management, business logic, and collaboration.
Growth teams are focused on growing our business and optimizing our funnel within the Product-led channels and tactics. These teams are working on optimization, activation, engagement, and monetization.
Enterprise teams enable Miro to work at scale and serve our biggest customers’ needs. These teams are focused on security and administration, enterprise integrations, user management and licensing, and analytics and insights.
Platform teams enable external developers to build on top of Miro and integrate Miro into their products. These teams develop the APIs and SDKs that allow external teams to build applications and integrations, deliver the best possible experience for developers and end users of applications, and develop key integrations with popular 3rd party products and services using the Miro platform.
Use Cases teams invest in the most popular and impactful scenarios people use Miro for, such as facilitating meetings and workshops. These teams focus on identifying requirements and opportunities unique to these use cases, and developing and packaging new features to extend the capabilities of Miro in these areas.
Stability and Scalability teams ensure that everything is working and our product is reliable. They include Infrastructure, Security, and Delivery substreams.
About the role
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Miro, you'll be an impactful contributor to the technical design and development of new effective, and elegant solutions. You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize the development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
What you’ll do
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Create high-quality technical design
- Take long-term responsibility for feature/subsystem
- Help to define and improve internal standards
- Share the expertise and gain new knowledge
- Think about UX and make it better
- Work on meaningful things. We mean it. If you don’t see a sense in doing something, we expect you to speak it up
What you’ll need
- Strong expertise in decomposing product requirements and creating a technical design
- Proven skills in analyzing different technical design options and the ability to choose actionable items
- Critical thinking: balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Understanding of non-functional requirements
- Understanding the value of tests and how to use them (unit, functional, integration)
- Proactively share lessons learned where applicable, and recommendations on how to apply learnings to future work
- Passionate about teamwork, great communication skills
- Intermediate level of English
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, Less, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!