We are looking for a seasoned Senior Technical Documentation Writer to join our Developer Relations team and a technical writers group that is in charge of product documentation used by thousands of application developers daily to build contemporary data-intensive applications and services powered by Apache Ignite and GridGain.
Who we are:
GridGain Systems is a major contributor to the Apache Ignite™ — a TOP-5 Apache Software Foundation project, an open-source distributed In-Memory Computing platform.
The Developer Relations team at GridGain is responsible for product adoption among application developers. Not only do we help the application developers to figure out how to bootstrap with our
product and use it properly, but we also advocate developers' needs internally at GridGain.
What you will do:
- Write technical documentation for the GridGain product line, including user guides, release notes, getting started guides and tutorials targeted for software architects and developers, etc.
- Contribute to the Apache Ignite documentation. Be ready to become an active community member.
- Work closely with the engineering management group to define and enhance product release processes that involve the creation and release of the technical documentation.
- Communicate with the Apache Ignite community and GridGain engineering to produce developer-friendly materials and content.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents, including public APIs written by others.
What skills you need to possess:
- Experience in documenting software products or tools (libraries, frameworks, databases, virtual machines, IDEs) used by other developers to create applications and services.
- Experience in software development or a degree in Computer Science: you need to understand the fundamentals of software engineering and be able to develop workable code snippets.
- Advanced English writing skills and Upper-Intermediate English speaking skills.
- You know how to measure technical documentation success metrics and select areas for improvements.
It's nice if you have experience with the following. Otherwise, be ready to close the gap once you join us:
- Documentation toolset: Jekyll, GitHub and AsciiDoc.
- Usage of JIRA for documentation tasks tracking and collaboration with the engineering groups.
- Java fundamentals, ability to create simple Java applications. Our technical writers create code snippets with minimal involvement from the engineering team.
- Knowledge of cloud environments, Docker, Kubernetes. You and your team need to be able to create instructions and guidelines for those environments.
What we offer:
- Working in a team of very skilled engineers on a bleeding-edge product — the opportunity to learn from highly professional colleagues and intensive self-development are guaranteed.
- Solving real-world problems every day — world’s largest companies will rely on us to run their business, and you will always see the impact of your work.
- Being a part of the open-source community: you can participate in the development and discussions, become an Apache Foundation committer or try yourself as a speaker.
- Benefits package: stock options, medical insurance, gym membership compensation, English classes.
- Working in the "A" class business center in the center of SPb after anti-epidemiological measures; also you can join us for remote work (full or partial).
- Friendly atmosphere, team work, sport activities in the business center and corporate events. We welcome the comprehensive development, love of music and other types of arts.
Welcome to GridGain Team!