As a principle software engineer on our client onboarding platform, you will drive, design, PoC and develop critical core components while acting as a trusted advisor to the senior management team and lead architect. You will make clear, simple and technically sound decisions and champion high standards of coding and architecture best practices. You will have a focus on what is best for our user experience in all your decision making, in particular you have a passion for reliability and usability of our systems and care for our user base of client operations, onboarding analysts, sales, implementations and direct-clients.
Not only will you utilize the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership for major projects, but also you will manage a team of senior engineers. You will be required to lead from the front, demonstrating best practices and high engineer standards directly through your work and in the way you lead the team of engineers. You will mentor the team of senior developers and ensure they in turn mentor and lead the junior talent within the team, ensuring we have a clear pipeline of talent to promote within the organization.
As the principle software engineer you will manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and work closely with the product owner and lead architect on a number of challenging initiatives. We expect you to be passionate about architecture, CI/CD, agile delivery, devops and site reliability.
ISG aims to deliver authoritative and timely sources of reference data to the firm through service-oriented operations teams and state of art technologies, which facilitate the collection, storage, analysis and distribution of product, pricing, client, account and corporate action data. Onboarding Master Central is a state of art Client Operations platform based on self-service rule-driven business process management engine and designed to minimize Client onboarding time to market while keeping the costs flat.
- Develop high quality, robust code
- Lead a development team of engineers
- Oversee the platform, day to day requests, long term projects, and strategy of the team
- Continually enhance the team’s performance by eliminating Toil through automation
- Eliminate waste in the SDLC process
- Ensure your platform is fully compliant to Citi’s compliance, security and audit policies
- Ensure system stability through enhancement/maintenance periods
All good candidates with excellent software engineering skillsets will be considered. We do not expect candidates to have all these skills, but the successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience building streaming data architectures
- Experience of Golang (Erlang equally beneficial) though we will consider candidates without direct experience who can show aptitude and understanding in:
- Expert level of Java, Scala, Clojure, Python, Node.js, C#,
- Any functional language
- Experience building Java based applications
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, building Kubernetes operators is of special interest
- Good working knowledge of Data Meshes, Data Lakes and warehousing solutions
- Experience with designing and deploying container based services.
- Experience with Function as a Service platforms.
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to the final product
- Practical experience with CI/CD pipelines and devops engineering
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics. Exceptional candidates with excellent track records are also accepted.