Jitsu builds an open-core, high-performance data collection platform. Our business is based on an open-source project called EventNative. Jitsu is a venture-backed company — we recently closed $2m in funding from a bunch of investors including YCombinator. We're looking for Go Developer!
- 70%: building EventNative core
- 20%: building hosted EventNative backend (see current alpha UI on app.jitsu.com)
- 10%: DevOps (ansible, docker)
What we're looking for
- Strong Go skills: Our main language is Go, but we could consider candidates switched from other programming languages
- Algorithms and Data structures: Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and their time and space performance
- Experienced with at least one Data warehouse: Postgres, ClickHouse, BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake
- Quick learner: we constantly evaluate and adopt new technologies and tools
- Writing Skills: for an open-source company writing clear and concise documentation is as important as writing reliable code. Occasionally, you will contribute to public documentation. We also keep the most important part of internal communications in writing (example: our design docs)
Main meta storage: Redis
- S3/Google Cloud Storage
- Google Analytics/Google Play/Firebase
- Prometheus, Node exporter
We keep the team very lean: there're four 4 of us. Two founders (Peter - CEO and Vlad - CTO) have built successful companies in the past (Vlad - GetIntent; Peter - AxleHire). Peter is based in SF, Vlad is based in Moscow.
We have two engineers based in Moscow. (we are going to enhance the team with 2 engineers more)
- Remote-first culture with Moscow office — until the end of the pandemic.
- USD Salary
- A 15 min interview with lead developer (Sergey) to make sure you have an aptitude for the role.
- A 1 hour technical interview
- Optional: (Paid!) assignment (4-8 hours). It can be a PR to our open-source core or another tool we're going to use in production.