Senior Data Scientist for Simulation Project
Contract position for 6 months+, a highly experienced Data Scientist required to lead the development of a complex simulation model.
Remote working from anywhere, UK working hours
Rate: upto £400-600 per day, based on skills/experience.
We are building an agile team to work on an exciting new simulation environment and require a Data Science expert with strong expertise in:
- Modelling of Stochastic processes
- Modelling probability distributions from historical data
- Take ownership of the mathematical/statistical models that drive the simulation engine
- Work with the wider engineering team at developing an architecture to utilise the models
- Work with the wider engineering team at deploying these models in production
- Provide expert guidance on the mathematical modelling choices and constraints
- Domain knowledge and experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehouse and Distribution modelling.
- Commercial experience developing real-world models in various domains
- Programming: Python with Nympy and Pandas
- Mathematics or statistics degree
- fluent or very good English is a must
Nice to have:
- Mean Value Analysis
- Markov Chains (discrete and continuous)
The role is remote based, so the ideal candidate must be a self starter and can work independently, however will significantly contribute as part of a larger team.
If you closely meet the criteria, please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process.
Start date: ASAP