We are Akvelon, a rapidly growing software engineering company. With over 800 employees (and counting) across ten offices from Seattle and California to Europe, Akvelon is a premier provider of software engineering services to many high tech companies such as Microsoft, Reddit, Disney, HP, T-Mobile, F5, and many others.
Our client is Reddit.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Now we are looking for a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager who can help drive product vision, development, and execution as a part of the Ads Marketplace PM group. This PM group covers areas of ads delivery, quality, relevance, ML optimization & modeling.
- Build products and drive analysis that allow us to deeply understand what is happening in Reddit's ads marketplace
- Campaign delivery management: improve systems that manage how we deliver against advertiser goals and budgets, encompassing aspects of pacing, impression frequency management, etc.
- Auction dynamics and operating point controls: evolve our platform to define and build advanced marketplace controls, across different campaign objectives and bidding models
- Pricing analysis and revenue forecasting: collaborate with BizOps and Sales Finance to enable forecasts and optimizations of the marketplace
- Ad quality & relevance: scoring and ranking of ad placement opportunities based on ads quality and relevance of ads to users
- ML Optimization & modeling: launching ML models that optimize ad placement opportunities against a variety of objectives
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to ideate, prioritize and deliver great results in the above-mentioned areas
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop go-to-market strategy and manage launches of new products and features
- 2+ years experience working on a large-scale marketplace or equivalent area, as a Product Manager, Data Scientist or a related role. Experience with an Ads platform and marketplace is optional but will be a big plus
- Knowledge and experience with hands-on machine learning, information retrieval or econometrics problems is a plus. Working knowledge of computational statistics through Python, R, SAS is a plus
- You have excellent analytical sense and have experience driving products & business decisions that involve quantitative analysis and experimentation
- You have exceptional problem-solving, project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- You are a compelling influencer with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You can empathize with and anticipate the needs of a diverse set of customers, and have worked directly with Sales and Marketing
- You are highly analytical and understand how to measure success and use metrics to optimize products
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- Interesting projects and working with well-known customers
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Participation in conferences and training courses