Weigandt Consulting is looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer for our UK client’s high priority Data Science project. You will be working as part of the client’s data science team along with data scientists, ML engineers, and data analysts.
The project aim is the development (CI/CD) of the intelligent automated markdown tool. You will have a chance to take part in optimization of elasticity curves for one of the top ten world retail groups, implement price-reducing logic to different pricing strategies, experiment with the real big data on Hadoop stack, improve current code, and data engineering processes collaborating with a high-level professional team.
- Design and delivery Big Data solutions for our clients;
- Leveraging data to solve strategic, tactical, structured and unstructured business problems;
- Developing, learning, testing and validating predictive models;
- Supporting go-to-client professionals during client discussions with technical expertise.
- Three or more years of experience working in the R&D or Data Engineering field;
- Good knowledge of data discovery, modelling, retrieval, and profiling;
- Practical experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies ( Spark / PySpark), Spark library;
- Proficiency with core Python tools for data manipulation, analysis, visualization, machine learning;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to translate a business objective to a data science problem, then drill down to well-defined tasks;
- Experience working as a team member, general knowledge of collaboration and version control tools;
- Upper-intermediate English.
NICE TO HAVE
- General knowledge of systems architecture, data governance, and data management;
- Experience deploying data science solutions to production systems;
- Passion for learning and innovating new methodologies in the intersection of applied ML/Engineering fields.
- Excellent compensation (to be discussed on the results of the interviews);
- Working with an international team on exciting and challenging projects;
- Regular business trips to Europe;
- Remote work or nice office in the heart of Saint Petersburg (10 minutes from Gostiny Dvor)
- Opportunity to relocate to London.