We help our enterprise clients - such as insurance, banks, retail and IT - interact with their customers through multi-channel contact center software. Our cloud solutions enable customer agents to handle both inbound and outbound communications from multiple communication channels, such as telephone, email, chat, SMS, social networks and websites. We constantly explore new opportunities to personalize customer experience through the power of cutting-edge technology. We've been on the market for almost 30 years and service 11,000 customers in over 100 countries. Our success is made possible by over 5,000 employees around the world. Now is your chance to become one of us.
Are you someone who likes to solve complicated problem using cutting edge technology? If so, this job might be for you.
What this role is:
Your responsibilities will include design, development, maintenance, and dev testing of backends that work within a larger product suite. You will be involved in multiple applications belonging to Genesys Engage Digital organization. Examples are backends for communication with social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Apple Business Chat) and Co-browsing of web pages. Some of apps are on premise, some are in cloud (AWS). Backends are built with Spring or NodeJS. There might be some Python code as well. We use AWS, JIRA, GitHUB, Jenkins for CI, VMware ESXi for test environment. We believe in code reviews and unit, functional, regression and performance testing. We have dedicated QA team helping developers test code.
What this role isn’t:
You won’t be managing a team - this role is individual contributor role for a person with wide background capable to work fast on multiple projects.
Unless you have experience and is interested in UI development you won’t be involved in it.
What you should bring to the table:
To be successful, you need to have a strong understanding of Java and/or NodeJS backends and REST API solutions, be a strong problem solvers and self driven person. The software is quite complex so detail-orientation is required. We are currently working from home due to pandemic and there are always multiple tasks in progress so being well organized.
Some details about what you will do:
- Working in a team on project(s) that has other developer(s) and QA engineer(s) so there is always someone to do code review, someone to discuss, someone to test
- Work with QA engineer(s) to ensure changes are properly tested
- Fix/develop customer reported and/or PM set issues/enhancements/features on your own
- Review code from other engineers
- Write Unit (and sometimes integration, etc.) test for code that you've developed
- Answer questions from other team members and Professional Services and/or Customer Care
- Help investigate and then fix real life customer related issues in Genesys Engage Cloud.
Some details about our technological stack:
- High load architecture -50Mb/sec per instance
- Low Latency – 8ms
- Own strong security model
- Spring 4
- CometD transport (websockets)
- Java 8.
- Dynamic JS injection
- Own libraries of core JS to serialize and deserialize html DOM.
- High amount engineering tests for backend and frontend
- Static code analysis.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java and/or JS/NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience with HTTP/Rest interfaces implementation.
- Proficiency using.