Altium has been developing software for the design and manufacture of electronic devices for over 30 years. Such products as Altium Designer (formerly Protel), Altium 365, P-CAD, Tasking, and others are used by professional electronics developers. Areas of use: electronics, automotive, robots, telecom solutions, etc.
Our central office in San Diego (California), research and development centers in the United States, Europe, Asia.
Altium365 is a cloud platform for electronics design and real-time collaboration: 3D-visualization, commenting and changes in real time, a workflow mechanism, a repository of versioned designs based on git and much more. In general, it's an analogue of the github for engineers in the field of microelectronics (with the ability to display 3D models).
We’re looking for a qualified QA Automation Lead to join our team who can quickly understand the architecture of the Altium A365 cloud platform and test the web services and features within this system by building a robust test infrastructure.
The focus of this position will be supporting and building the product teams’ test automation capability.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work on multiple projects independently and as part of a project team. This is more than just a testing position; we are looking for a strong Quality Engineering background mixed with Software Development skills.
• Plan, design, and develop test automation strategies for testing cloud-based multi-tenant product
• Lead and manage a team of SDETs and automation engineers.
• Communicate test progress, test results, test gaps, and other relevant information to stakeholders
• Prioritize and triage urgent issues as necessary
• Own the end to end quality of the product features
• Identify the failures and root causes of issues to ensure the delivery of a high-quality product to customers
• Participate in continuous delivery and deployment, take ownership, and strive to become a better problem solver
• Influence feature design with a strong focus on testability among the development team
• Proven ability to develop test automation for SOAP/REST based Web services
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages (preferably C# and Python)
• Experience with one or more cloud infrastructure providers (AWS preferred)
• Knowledge of database design and principles (SQL and NoSQL)
• Solid knowledge of messaging protocols (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka)
• Hands on experience with modern CI/CD tools and technologies (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Consul, Terraform, AWS toolset)
• Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player
• Previous experience managing QA automation teams
• Proficiency in Performance Testing (JMeter, Locust, Gatling)
• Experience with log aggregation and reporting tools (ELK stack, Splunk)
• Atlassian JIRA Admin certification is an added bonus
In Altium, you can expect:
• Distributed development team (> 250 people in R&D)
• Products popular in the field of microelectronics
• Participation in specialized conferences, meetings - both as participants and speakers
• Flexible work schedule (the working day from about 11 to 20);
• A comfortable office in the city center (metro Belorusskaya, White Square)
• “White” salary in $USD
• Corporate English courses, Medical insurance, payment of meals;
• Financial assistance if you need to move to Moscow (tickets + till 1 month of rent a hotel)