MuseScore is devoted to helping musicians from all over the world to create and share their musical works and to make learning music exciting, easy and available for all.
MuseScore offers free, powerful, and easy-to-use music notation software to create high-quality sheet music, with audio score playback for results that look and sound beautiful. MuseScore has also formed an online community where musicians can share their creations, privately or publicly, through downloads, embeddable widgets, or MuseScore's mobile apps, while also bringing additional social features to sheet music.
You will be joining an international, cross-functional team that is distributed across geographies and time zones. Your team will be a small, creative and driven group of people working together to design and build a cutting-edge music educational product that will transform the way music is taught and learned. While part of an established and successful company, this team is independent and entrepreneurial, requiring people who passionately approach their work as an immersive lifestyle choice because they love building products that impact people’s lives.
As the Product Designer, Music Education, you will own the full UX/UI design and coordinate its implementation with the development team across the product’s platforms and services, including web, iOS and Android.
You will take the design foundation from an existing prototype and work with the engineering and business teams to expand upon the designs and quickly bring the product to market and then work tirelessly to improve the user experience.
- Partner closely with the product, engineering and business teams throughout product development life-cycle to deliver an innovative cross-platform solution for music educators and music students
- Observe and analyze customer-use data to propose changes that will benefit the overall user experience
- 3+ years of responsive web design experience for desktop and mobile web platforms, with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early-stage ideation and high-fidelity design to product launch
- 2+ year of experience designing tablet and mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms with familiarity with Play and App store design and release guidelines
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs, preferably including work that is publicly available and actively used
- Solid visual skills with a detailed appreciation of iconography, color, layout and accessibility
- Experience in testing websites and applications and familiarity with finding and logging bugs
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills with confidence and comfort to work autonomously with short, daily check-ins from stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Figma in order to hand assets over to developers
- Preference for knowledge of music applications, especially notation applications. Experience with common DAW sequencers, such as Ableton is useful
- English fluency, written and spoken.