Odoro is looking for an experienced remote backend engineer to develop a set of patient engagement products (self-scheduling, intake and payment, reminders, workflow queues management for the clinics stuff).
S/he will be responsible for the strategy and development of the backend tools & systems that serve as the foundation for the platform.
We're looking for engineer who:
- has 4+ years of experience.
- understands OOP with Immutable Objects
- expresses logic in functional way (like Java 8 streams)
- prefers obvious code and doesn’t rely on framework’s “magic”
- treats code as documentation and is ready to start solving task described as few paragraphs (or even sentences) in the Jira issue.
- capable to work without manager hanging around
Even better if you:
- have DevOps experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
- name Go, or Kotlin, or Python as your first/second language of choice.